New Post, June 12, 2017
It’s been too long, sorry.
Here’s what’s going on (as far as I know).
Moonshine Beekeepers Association meeting will be held Wednesday, June 14, at 7:00PM. We will discuss the VSBA meeting which we will be sponsoring at Ferrum College Friday, June 16 from Noon till 8:45PM and Saturday, June 17 from 8:00AM till 5:00PM. We had a dry run at the college last Saturday and I can assure everyone that our clubs responsibilities are minimal; the College is obviously well practiced in putting something like this on and they will do a good job.
See you Wednesday night.
The Moonshine Beekeepers Association is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting current and future beekeepers of Franklin and surrounding counties in Virginia. Our Mission is to provide our membership with interesting and practical knowledge as well as promoting public awareness of the benefits, necessity, and value of the honeybee to human existence.
The purpose and objectives of our association are to:
- Share knowledge, experiences and adventures of beekeeping
- Educate the community about the joys, skills and benefits of beekeeping.
- Serve as a resource to local beekeepers.
- Provide an outlet for the membership to sell member-produced honey and other hive products.
- Foster interactions with the local agricultural community and other beekeeping organizations.
Lori Mattox – President
Ron Hanawalt- Vice President
Jim McKenna – Secretary
Dave Jeavons – Treasurer
Jeff Jenner – Beekeeping Instructor
George Richardson – Webmaster